Travel tips for Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
CurrencyThe Malaysian Ringitt (MYR/RM)
Current exchange rate:
Tuesday, November 30, 2004
1 British Pound = 7.19909 Malaysian Ringgit
1 Malaysian Ringgit (MYR) = 0.13891 British Pound (GBP)
Try the local foodSuggestions:
- Nasi Lemak for breakfast at your hotel/Seed Cafe (Sungei Wang Plaza)
- Noodles/Teppanyaki for lunch from a Japanese restaurant (Teppanyaki)in Sungei Wang Plaza.
- Hawker food for dinner, from Petaling Street
Shop, shop, shopGo to Sungei Wang Plaza (buy an extra suitcase) on Bukit Bintang
Try hagglingStaff expect it and it's fun getting a bargain
Only use metered taxisCheck with your hotel how much you ought to be paying. Some taxi drivers will really rip you off.
For good service, try to learn some Malay words.Suggestions:
- Terima kasih - Thank you
- Selamat pagi (from sunrise until 11am)- Good morning
- Selamat tengahari (from 11am until 1pm)- Good afternoon
- Selamat petang (from 1pm until dusk) - Good evening
- Selamat malam (from dusk) - Good night
- Jumpa lagi - See you again
- Apa khabar? - How are you?
- Baik - Fine, good